ProtectorEasy to use with fine spray. Two sprays and a tough surface was achieved.
(Posted on by DRW)
Very good product, value and serviceJust what was needed, seems to work well in tests.
Certainly stops wet smudging, and on jet black, a good test, very little colour alteration, almost unnoticeable greying.
Much better than using artists fixatives for water colours and pastels.
Not much to choose between Matt and Satin on paper surfaces.
Works very well on matt photo printing paper.
Will be ordering more.
(Posted on by Phil_S)
Works for me!I use this to seal inkjet photos prior to covering them in resin. Excellent results, no blemishes or seepage when covered in the resin. This is about my fourth order. ????????
(Posted on by Clarky )
Inkjet Fixative Varnish Spray Satin 400ml
Incl. VAT $12.14
( VAT at 20% $2.03 )$10.11 ex VAT
Used to protect canvas prints, photo paper, sticker paper and other films by coating the media in a fast drying protective coat. Once applied it makes inks resistant to water and smudging as well as improving light fastness and scratch resistance. One light even coat will give a firm satin finish which will be touch dry in 10 minutes. Extra coats may be applied after initial drying to improve performance.
Important Note - this fixative can only be delivered within UK mainland. All other destinations are excluded. Spray included in orders to excluded destinations will be removed from the order.
The fixative spray can be used with the following products
- Inkjet Creative Stickers (vinyl self adhesive)
- Inkjet Canvas
- Inkjet Photo papers
- Inkjet Photo Art and Fine Art paper
Its main features are
- Enhances the water resistance of Vinyl
- Can be used as a replacement for laminating pouches (Liquid Lamination) as the spray acts in a similar manner to protect the print
- Improves UV resistance, improving image longevity
- Prevents the ink from smudging on the printed media Allows you to change the print finish to gloss/satin/matt depends on the spray chosen
- Makes the print more resistant to scratches and mechanical movement across it
- Enhances the appearance of the film in one of three finishes (glossy, matt or satin)
- Fast drying lacquer
This is a quick and versatile solution to improve the robustness of inkjet printed media. Inkjet being essentially a water based technology has some limitation as to its ability to withstand directly applied moisture and mechanical movement. Domestic printers often use inks which are not UV stable and this spray also is very good in prolonging the life of an image printed using non UV inks.