Very good product, value and serviceThe title says it all.
The only niggle was standard Matte sent not the reviewed product.
Actually, the standard product was what I needed.
Still doing some tests for protection and colour stability, but looking good.
Far better value and overall service than some artist supplies companies I could mention.
Will definitely be ordering some more.
(Posted on by Phil_S)
Great ProductBought this to provide protection to card kits on my model railway. Sprayed the first kit and it is fine. No running of the ink.
(Posted on by Anonymous )
Just perfect for waterproof labels!Bought this to fix printed labels for shampoo and shower gel bottles. One thin coat provides a decent water resistant, I found by doing two coats, I could submerge labels completely and even scrub at them without any loss of clarity on the print. Will be buying this again as it's perfect for my needs and saves me a fortune on expensive commercially printed vinyl labels.
(Posted on by Michelle)
Inkjet Canvas Fixative Varnish Spray Matt 400ml
Incl. VAT $12.30
( VAT at 20% $2.05 )$10.25 ex VAT
Used to protect canvas prints, photo paper, sticker paper and other films by coating the media in a fast drying protective coat. Once applied it makes inks resistant to water and smudging as well as improving light fastness and scratch resistance. One light even coat will give a firm matt finish which will be touch dry in 10 minutes. Extra coats may be applied after initial drying to improve performance. There are a number of manufactures in the fixative varnish market, Belgium based Ghiant® is the best of them all.
Important Note - this fixative can only be delivered within UK mainland. All other destinations are excluded. Spray included in orders to excluded destinations will be removed from the order.
The fixative spray can be used with the following products
- Inkjet Creative Stickers (vinyl self adhesive)
- Inkjet Canvas
- Inkjet Photo papers
- Inkjet Photo Art and Fine Art paper
Its main features are
- Enhances the water resistance of Vinyl
- Can be used as a replacement for laminating pouches (Liquid Lamination) as the spray acts in a similar manner to protect the print
- Improves UV resistance, improving image longevity
- Prevents the ink from smudging on the printed media Allows you to change the print finish to gloss/satin/matt depends on the spray chosen
- Makes the print more resistant to scratches and mechanical movement across it
- Enhances the appearance of the film in one of three finishes (glossy, matt or satin)
- Fast drying lacquer
This is a quick and versatile solution to improve the robustness of inkjet printed media. Inkjet being essentially a water based technology has some limitation as to its ability to withstand directly applied moisture and mechanical movement. Domestic printers often use inks which are not UV stable and this spray also is very good in prolonging the life of an image printed using non UV inks.