Premium photo papers are the more expensive, professional range of papers available on our site. Compared to normal coated papers the base paper of this range is technologically advanced and is normally pre coated with Polyethylene to give it longevity and stability.
The premium range allows you to print high quality images which will remain in their high quality condition for many years. Unlike ordinary based paper, premium also means you get fantastic colour definition, increased vibrancy, natural skin tones and a wide colour gamut. Premium papers are particularly suitable for portrait photography, high resolution B&W and artistic photography and similar applications.
Premium photo papers are also compatible with most water based inks, both dye and pigment based.
A Guide To Printing Premium Photo Papers – Basic Instruction:
● Print on the coated side – The coated side may have a glossy, satin, pearl or matt finish.
● Print in minimum 1440dpi – Set your printer to the highest resolution available.
● Check ink levels – Printing premium papers will likely use a significant amount of ink.
● Test – Before printing on the more expensive paper, use a plain printer paper to test the likely outcome.
● Feed the paper and double check – Ensure that the paper is fed in the correct manner, so the you will be printing on the coated side. If the ink will not dry or runs, you likely to have printed on the wrong side.
A Guide To Printing Premium Photo Papers – Printer Specific:
Set your printer to the following settings based on the printer’s brand. If your printer can be set to accommodate various profiles, use this option. Photo Paper Direct premium photo papers are available with printer specific profile upon request.
● Media Type – Epson Ultra Glossy or Premium Semigloss Photo Paper
● Print Quality – Photo or Best Photo
● Color Control – Epson Vivid
● Media Type – Photo Paper Plus Glossy
● Print Quality – High
● Color Control – Auto
● Media Type – HP Advanced Photo Paper
● Print Quality – Best
● Color Control – ColorSmart/sRGB or defaults
Lexmark® & Dell®:
● Media Type – Glossy Photo Paper
We have a limited range of profiles for printers, specifically set up for our paper. When you place an order, send us a short email stating the product you bought and the printer model you own. We will send you a profile free of charge as an email attachment (subject to availability).
If you have any further tips on printing photo papers, leave your comment below.